About Three Peaks
Clive Redhead, our M.D. began his working career as an Aircraft Engineer with the R.A.F. and later qualified as a Quantity Surveyor, cutting his teeth on the construction of Canary Wharf. He has, over the past twenty or so years been heavily involved in Global Engineering Sales and Contracts Management but in 2015, following redundancy, he decided to set up a small business which now specialises in Asset Compliance Surveys on behalf of Medical and University Facilities throughout Cheshire and the North West Region
What is an Asset?
Assets are fixtures and fittings within a building. Typically, they can be split between static and mobile items. Static such as lighting, sinks, basins, baths, showers, lighting, doors, windows, radiators, outlets etc...
Mobile such as test equipment, beds, medical and test equipment etc...
Why Asset Tagging?
Regardless of the size or scope of your business, it is vital that you manage and maintain your equipment or ‘assets’ by the most effective means possible; through the utilisation of asset tagging.
Not only will asset tagging serve as your most efficient inventory control option, it will also ensure that all required maintenance and repairs schedules are hi-lighted automatically and completed in a timely manner.
Asset tagging allows you;
• Keep track of your physical assets
• Better manage your Preventative and Reactive Maintenance and Repair
• Conduct more complete and effective loss prevention
• Perform simple analysis and mapping of fixed assets
• Easily locate shared ‘mobile’ assets, eg:- Medical / Test Equipment
Where can you use asset tagging;
• Office and I.T. Equipment - Computers, Lap-Tops, Printer-Copiers, Data Hubs etc..
• Medical / Test Equipment - Monitors, Analysers, Oscilloscopes, etc…
• Fixture and Fittings - Fire Doors / Windows / Emergency Lighting etc…
• Fire and Rescue Equipment – Alarms, Extinguishers, Blankets, Fire Hoses
• Health and Safety Equipment
• Hospital and Dental Medical Gas Outlets
• Mechanical and Electrical Switchgear / Cabling / Cable Tray / Trunking / HVAC
• Water Outlets – for Legionella / Temperature Testing and Maintenance
• Plant and Machinery
• Construction site equipment
• The potential is huge…
What is an Asset Compliance Survey?
Asset Compliance is both a daily maintenance and fire / health and safety requirement.
Assets should to be tagged - usually some form of bar-code I.D. or simple location I.D. is preferred, perhaps corresponding to original design drawings hi-lighting room locations etc...
Assets, such as water outlets (sinks, baths, showers etc) and / or fire extinguishers can be tagged independently and then these tags are read via an i-pad and software to allow the logging and uploading of maintenance testing results to a single data-base for Maintenance / Fire / Health & Safety Compliance Reviews.
eg:- Testing of Water Assets for Legionella and other water based contaminants or perhaps, Fire Door I.D. etc...
Currently, our medical clients account for the majority of business and include NHS and Private Medical Practices and G.P. Surgeries. Beyond this we have just recently begun taking enquiries from North West Universities and Councils.
Why Three Peaks?
As we are based near the foothills of the Cheshire Peaks and have taken part in the Three Peaks Challenge, raising monies for Gorsey Bank Primary School, Wilmslow and The Seashell Trust we felt it would be nice to reflect these details in our brand, hence the name;
Testimonial / Maddie – Office Manager Citation
"We are a medium to large employer with approximately 300 personnel working from a leased three storey modern office building in central Wilmslow. In 2016 we were looking to outsource our Maintenance to a local company capable of reacting quickly to our needs. We approached a number of companies and following a series of meetings we decided to move forward with Clive and his team. We’ve never looked back and continue to use Three Peaks.